The Calm Spot App
Take part in a trial to assess how well the app relieves/resolves:
- Physical pain
- Sleep problems
- Any other feelings/issues limiting your enjoyment of life
Terms & Conditions of Free Trial
- Copyright/Intellectual Property
I acknowledge that The Calm Spot video program is for my personal use only, and I may download one copy. I agree that while I may freely discuss the benefits of the video, I will not share either the link to the video download or any copy of the video with any other person. My immediate family may utilise the video under my supervision, and I accept responsibility for their adherence to these terms and conditions.
We acknowledge that The Calm Spot video program is for assessment and feedback use and for the period of the trial may be freely used within our organisation for the benefit of staff and service users. We agree that while our employees and users of the video may freely discuss the benefits of the video, we will not share either the link to the video download or any copy of the video with any other person or organisation. The trial period ends on 31 January 2020, at which time we will be given the option of purchasing an evergreen license to continue using The Calm Spot in its current form, and/or the finished app.
The user acknowledges that The Calm Spot is intended as a self-empowerment tool only and the outcome of using the program is the responsibility of the user. It is further the responsibility of the user to seek appropriate professional help with any physical, mental or emotional issues not resolved by using the program, should they choose to do so.
How to use The Calm Spot
As you watch the video, focus your attention on either the issue or feeling you want to resolve. You might want to experiment to find which works best for you.
- To focus on the issue, simply think about it in as much detail as you can. For exam nerves, for example, think about whatever part of the exam process you've been nervous about.
- To focus on the feeling, think about the issue then focus on the sensations in your body that go with the emotion (e.g. butterflies in the stomach, tension in the shoulders - any sensations of which you become aware).
- When you have been through the sequence once, think about the issue again and notice any change in how you feel. If you’re feeling as good as you want to, you’re done! If not, follow the sequence through the second time*, and recheck. Note: Sometimes, for some people, the full benefit may become apparent 20-30 minutes after completing The Calm Spot.
*Feel free to repeat as often as desired - there are only positive side-effects!
- It’s best to keep your head level and eyes straight ahead rather than looking down at the device on which you’re watching the video. (When we have our heads down and/or are looking down, we tend to be more into our feelings and self-talk.) Experiment to find what works best for you.
- Position yourself approximately 20cm away from the screen. Line the Spot up with the bridge of your nose and keep your head still while you follow the spot with your eyes.
- If watching on your phone doesn’t get the results you want, watch it on a computer screen. If that doesn’t do it, watch it on a TV. The goal is to achieve the widest eye movements possible, so the smaller the screen, the closer you need to be.
Questions or comments? Contact Sylvia.
How to take part in the trial
Read theTerms and Conditions and How to Use..., then click "Get it now" to go to the download store. You will be prompted to enter your name and email address, accept the T&C, and give permission to be contacted for feedback about the app.
You will have immediate access to the download as well as receiving an email with the link.